Bluebird Hill has everything needed for an adventurous and relaxing vacation! The beautiful free-form swimming pool with a waterfall will relax your stresses away. This property is on Blanket Creek, which is seasonal and great for wading and catching tadpoles.
This home is sitting on Indian Blanket Ranch, a 250 acre ranch, which has Bluebird Nestbox Nature Trails for bird watching, hiking, jogging, and mountain bikes. There are six benches spread out on the ranch for viewing wildlife and nature photography. Relax in the hammock, hot tub, or pool, after a fulfilling day of hiking or cycling the trails.
It is located 10 miles west of Utopia, Texas and five minutes east of Garner State Park and the Frio River. This property is close enough for tubing and river fun, yet far enough away for privacy.
For more beds & up to 20 people Bluebird Hill and Star Suite can be rented together.
Bluebird Hill (Alone) Sleeps 4 to 14
Fall / Winter / Spring (Excludes Holidays & Spring Break)
2 Night Minimum - $300 for first 4 people, per night
$10 each extra person per night; children 1 yr & under Free
$300 refundable deposit to hold your reservation.
Less than 10 people, Deposit deducted from Balance Due
10 or more people; deposit refunded after stay (if no problems)
Pet Fee: $10 per dog/night.
Deposit refunded after stay (if no damages or extra cleaning needed)
Please view the Pet Policies below.
Winter Holidays / Spring Break / Easter – 3 Night Minimum
Downstairs & Upstairs Must Rent Together
Summer- Memorial Weekend thru Labor Day – 4 Night Minimum
Downstairs & Upstairs Must Rent Together
Whole House Rents Together Summer/Holidays/Spring Break
Rent Bluebird Hill with Star Suite together Here
Downstairs Amenities Include: Sleeps 14
(16 with two foam mattresses in closet)
3 Bedrooms: 2 kings & 1 queen
Sunroom: single bed, 1 double futon sofa bed, (extra-long/wide sofa one can sleep on)
Library Room: 1 queen sofa bed
Livingroom: 1 queen sofa bed
Livingroom window bed: short single mattress
2 full baths with tubs & showers
Fully furnished Kitchen; 2 full size Refrigerators with freezers, icemaker, dishwasher, 2 coffee makers, toaster, microwave, crock pot, blender, mixer
Wi-Fi, phone (for local & 800 calls only)
Central Heat & Air, Ceiling fans, Fireplace, Washer/Dryer, Iron & board
25” Satellite TV with DVD/VCR & Ping Pong table in Sunroom
37” Satellite TV with DVD/VCR in living room
4 patios & 2 decks with tables & chairs
Propane Campfire table with chairs on front patio
BBQ grill & Picnic table in back yard by deck overlooking the seasonal (dry or wet) creek
Stand-alone Hot Tub, Rock Campfire Ring, Hammock for relaxing
Swimming Pool 4’ to 6’ deep, 6” kiddie area, hot tub spa 4’ deep & wrap-around bench
Swings & play area in trees
Your mother’s house is fascinating, filled with such character and life. One of our women wanted to write a letter to her expressing that sentiment. If you think she would appreciate it, please do let us know, and we would love to write such a communication to her, thanking her for creating such a beautiful place. In the meantime, we wanted to let you know that we appreciate it being one of the offerings of Rio Frio Lodging.
Kimberlyn: San Antonio, TX, February 2014
We leave one roll of toilet paper in each bathroom and one trash bag in each can. Bring Extra.
What to bring:
• Bath towels, wash rags, hand towels, river towels
• Extra toilet paper and extra trash bags – 13 gal. for kitchen and 39 gal. for outside cans
• Your groceries and supplies: salt, pepper, sugar, paper towels, coffee, filters, and dish detergent for dishwasher
• Bath articles: shampoo, bath soap, hand soap, and laundry soap for washer
• Flashlight, batteries, matches, lighter fluid, charcoal for grill, firewood for fireplace and campfire (please do not use wood cut from trees that died from Live Oak Decline)
• Stereo, camera, binoculars, bug spray, sun block, river chairs, river shoes, Fishing License, black oiled sunflower seeds for bird feeder, sugar to make nectar for hummingbird feeder (1 cup of sugar)
*Beer, wine and liquor is sold in Leakey. No alcohol is sold in Utopia, Rio Frio, or Concan.
**If traveling from out of state, plane, or bike: Towels available upon advance request at no extra charge. Please let us know at least two days ahead of time.
• Maximum of 2 dogs allowed, weighing 50 lbs or less each
• Only well behaved, house-trained; Won’t chew on furniture, rugs or scratch floors, walls, doors
• Dogs allowed Inside Only in their kennel/cage
• Don’t allow them on furniture or beds
• Only leashed or tied when outside
• Pickup & throw away poop
• Do not allow dogs to dig in yard or flower beds
• Dog owner responsible for dog’s safety, and for any damages to lodging property
• Do not allow your dogs to bark excessively, run free or chase other animals
• Please pick up most of the dog hair
• $10 per night per dog (covers normal pet hair clean up, spraying inside for fleas & ticks)
• Your deposit will be kept throughout your stay. If no damages or extra cleaning is needed, we will refund your entire deposit to your account.
*Please let us know if you will be bringing your dog.
**Please Note** The cell towers here are AT&T, so only AT&T cell phones work here. Even then, cell service can be spotty driving through the hills. Hideaway has a house phone, so please provide that to your family or friends for emergency. Bring a calling card to make long distance calls from the house phone.